DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Low Tech Project : The Old Church

Hike Pics

2019-03-29 PICT0008.jpg
  • Syntek - USB Camera
  • 6.5 mm
  • ƒ/3
  • 1/125 sec
  • Unknown
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

VistaQuest VQ815s / Slight post with DarkTable

Usually, yes. Syntech is the parent company of VistaQuest compact cameras. Syntech also makes USB web cameras.

Screenshot_20230619-155618-01.jpeg

Thanks, Jeremy. I would venture to say that most of these cameras have some crazy noise reduction going on. I was recently gifted another VistaQuest that I'm using now. It is not as featured as this one.

Nice, this reminds me of my first digital camera, a Nisis QP3 Pen cam. It was basically also a USB web cam shoved in a tiny housing that held 2 AAA batteries. It ate through them at an insane rate, so I used rechargeables and I hacked it to have a physical power switch because even in standby mode the battery drain was unacceptable. Rather low image quality, only an optical viewfinder, and a simple LCD display indicator of how many photos were taken, but it was tiny and I always carried it with me. Sometimes its white balance had a mind of its own and when lucky this produced a unique effect.

20030201-Arenberg_sneeuw3.jpg

Back