DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fun with MFT/ M43

AlbertM43user

Back to the DPR dates, M43 was one of the most active sub forum often having new post of the date more than a single page.

However, have joined this, the DPReive and M43 forum, traffic of M43, both including Olympus/OMDS, Panny MILC and Panny fixed lens cameras are very low. It makes me wonder where were all the M43 users now?

There is a M4/3 dedicated forum see the footer MFTCommunity.com -maybe there? But I suspect that they have scattered widely. Furthermore the M4/3 talk on dpreview is still running at about half the open threads each day compared to its previous volume.

I am not visiting alternatives as I am busy enough with what I am presently committed to.

I still visit DPReview almost every day.There are frequent new postings there. And in the past few weeks there have been more postings of wildlife, especially ducks, by a few different posters (many of them in habitat, not just BIF). Also some technical questions, and the usual buying advice queries.

Once DPR is gone, I'll probably settle here. Of the others, this forum seems, well, "friendlier" (?) overall than the others I've looked at. I started visiting DPR more than 10 years ago, didn't sign up until early 2016. Since then I've been mostly a lurker (although a tiny bit more active in the past couple of weeks).

I get the impression that many others are waiting (and hoping?) that DPR will be resurrected, and also waiting for the dust to settle on the alternatives. I could always mention that this is my only choice after DPR, but that might scare more people away! ;)

That's my reading of the current situation, anyway.

where were all the M43 users now?

It seems they have scattered everywhere!

Some are still on DPR but as Tom mentioned, much lower traffic levels. Some came here, some went to DPRevived, some went to a new forum created at Micro43.org and a number joined up at the existing Mu-43.com. The latter seems to have a reasonable number of members so is probably doing the best. The rest are struggling with a lack of volume.

Having used this forum software for a while, I much prefer it and really dislike DPR's old forum software now. I don't like DPRevived's software either.

Back to the DPR dates, M43 was one of the most active sub forum often having new post of the date more than a single page.

However, have joined this, the DPReive and M43 forum, traffic of M43, both including Olympus/OMDS, Panny MILC and Panny fixed lens cameras are very low. It makes me wonder where were all the M43 users now?
I am still active on Dpreview forums (mFT at least). I hope we can Go on for a few more decades...

I am still active on Dpreview forums (mFT at least). I hope we can Go on for a few more decades...
One thing about the old dpr which I continue t inhabit via my moderator duties is that I have notice that there still is a surprising amont of new uesrs joining the M4/3 forum which seems counter-intuitive considering the well known fact that it is running towards the end of the line. Such is the pulling power or established incumbency.

What I find more telling is that the complaint button seems to no longer being used. It seems that the breadth of the posted matter and those that felt unreasonably attacked enough to complain about it has moved on - apparently not to this site.

One thing about the old dpr which I continue t inhabit via my moderator duties is that I have notice that there still is a surprising amont of new uesrs joining the M4/3 forum which seems counter-intuitive considering the well known fact that it is running towards the end of the line. Such is the pulling power or established incumbency.

What I find more telling is that the complaint button seems to no longer being used. It seems that the breadth of the posted matter and those that felt unreasonably attacked enough to complain about it has moved on - apparently not to this site.
Lesson learnt, possibly?
Trolls are gone or have changed attitude once felt the ground under their feet was dissolving?
Whatever the reason, there seems to be more of a genuine interest in entertaining community talks instead of aiming at increasing the number of posts alone..

Lesson learnt, possibly?
Trolls are gone or have changed attitude once felt the ground under their feet was dissolving?
Whatever the reason, there seems to be more of a genuine interest in entertaining community talks instead of aiming at increasing the number of posts alone..
One of Martin and my favourite moderation tools was the sandbox. It s not that everyone was a troll but some liked the rough and tumble of the contraversial post that was bound to provoke a reply which was more a retort than considered. Before we knew it there was battle royale. Waking up in far off Australia for a quiet breakfast session I might be faced by a sudden barrage of 20-30 increasingly aggressive posts and a messed up thread with half a dozen complaints registered and no obvious smoking gun to be found without reading the lot. Easier to simply put someone who might be capable of starting this mini-riot situation in the sandbox simply to slow this type of activity down. No offence meant of course, as they were otherwise often basically good contributing members, but moderating by individual posts a whole lot easier than trying to sort out a major train wreck after the event.

I never really dived into considering being a moderator could imply quite a bit of effort. It takes some of the precious time we are always lacking of..
I couldn't find the time to take on such a commitment. Maybe it's time for me for reward you fellows who have generously put such a precious resource to the service of the community :)

Back