DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Leica Q3

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
So there is now the new Leica Q3. Finally a tilting screen. 60MP. Looks really good, except the price. :(

Will you upgrade from your Q2? Will you buy a Q3 new or rather try to buy a used Q2?

No , I will not upgrade in any way from my LEICA Q . Not to Q2 and not to Q3 . The images I get from my Q are perfectly fine for me .
For the price of the Q3 , I would rather go for a second CFV II 50 c . Much more versatile for me .

Jono Slack published his review under Macfilos web banner and there are comments for and against. Overall, Q line is attracting more new people to Leicaland. Used original Q is goes for under £2000 is not bad.

100% I will upgrade from Q2 to Q3. I’m not a quick upgrader normally, I still haven’t upgraded my Nikon Z7, but this is one I will do as soon as possible. The change in specs for me are massive but the sensor change alone is good enough reason for me. Not the fact that it’s now 60mp but that it is BSI, triple resolution with pixel binning. That will make a huge difference to low light shooting and I do a lot of that. Crazy as it seems, I can see the 18mp setting being used an awful lot. I am going to my local Leica dealer over the weekend to see what the delivery schedule is like and hopefully have use of one for an hour or so.

Here is another review by once upon a time my favourite weekly magazine.Amateur Photographer.

I hope LEICA Q users are not "discriminated" , when not upgrading to Q3 .:z04-head-wall:
Here a LEICA Q image . The printed image (30x40) just turns out great .

Q 031 DARAST 18x24.jpg
  • LEICA CAMERA AG - LEICA Q (Typ 116)
  • 28.0 mm f/1.7
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 200

hope LEICA Q users are not "discriminated" , when not upgrading to Q3

Do not worry. I think we all know that all Q models are very good.

Back