DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Diopter lens source for the 21mm Biogon

G

Posted by Dan Marder on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 9:35 pm:

Any suggestions regarding a diopter lens source for the 21mm Biogon
finder? Most are pre-mounted, and break when trying to remove the
unwanted frame. I'd want about a +.5 lens.

Dan

> Dan, I have seen and read a link (under the reference of "Hacker") in another Contax website, most probably the Contax G > pages, where a Japanese Contax user has "performed surgery" on the > viewfinder of his 21mm Biogon for the G2. He managed to take off the > rubber eyepiece on the viewfinder, and slip a correction lens (is it F-2, > or something like that ? I have two, but can't remember the exact Contax > part number for them) under where the eyepiece goes, against the glass of > the viewfinder proper. Then he put the rubber back on top, with a little > rubber cement, and the result was a diopter-changed 21mm viewfinder. If I > can find the reference again, I will post it.

Back