Can anyone tell me what is this ?

RAW

I have taken a series of photos, this one is in Paris, as you see, on the left side, we see a problem with image. Lines
Do any one knows what the problems may be.

many thanks in advance

davidhttp://www.hasselbladinfo.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

Douglas Fairbank

Part of the lines have the same shape as the right hand side of the Hasselblad film gate but there are other shapes in there as well. I don't think that this has happened in the camera. Do you see this on the negative?

RAW

Douglas. thank you for getting back to me, the answer is yes I do see this on all the negatives .

thank you

david

Douglas Fairbank

It is hard to tell from the sample, perhaps the whole roll of film shows more evidence but my best guess is that during the processing the coils of film may have been touching each other. That is if it was tank processed, if it was machine processed then I am probably wrong.

RAW

Douglas. I am thinking this to.
I have sent the rolls to a lab in Paris for development, before I return to them. i need to understand the problem.
Do you think this is possible ?

Here are some examples.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

thank you

david

Attachments

Douglas Fairbank

I have never seen anything exactly the same as this but it does resemble some processing faults I have seen. But to make a proper diagnosis any service engineer would need to see the condition of the film in the unexposed sections outside of the frame area and they would also need to have a very good knowledge of the Hasselblad camera and film processing techniques.
Try and take more photographs under controlled conditions and have them processed in the same way and a second set processed a different way.

RAW

Douglas, once again thank you for your sound advice. these photos and others are intended for an exhibition. i am not sure if I can present them in this condition !

kind regards

david

Hass451

I agree with Douglas that the film was probably touching when placed on the developing reels. To rule out your camera, I suggest the following (assuming you have two backs) 1) shoot identical images with both backs (same exact exposure and framing) so that you have two rolls that should be the same; 2) send the film to two different labs and compare the results. To identify which back has which images, many folks have added one (or more) notches inside the magazine so that instead of the normal two notches (found on all A12 backs in my experience) you will have two notches on one, and three on the other back. Hope this helps to diagnose the problem.

3dreal

Douglas, once again thank you for your sound advice. these photos and others are intended for an exhibition. i am not sure if I can present them in this condition !

kind regards

david
You can sell them better since nobody else has this...