DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

RTS different models

Hi Graham, Just to confirm what Ugo said. My Good frien Bob Letsche, formerly a great contributer to this site sent me these pics and explanations. He has made a very comprehensive picture chart of Contax and Kyocera models.

"Sounds like a circa 1979 "Fundus" Scientific/Medical variant of which there were quite few made for use by Zeiss and others for Ophthalmic purposes. It's on the chart. Cheers, Bob.

This last one is a little odd in that it has the Sci/Med front shutter lock but may not have the deeper shutter release shroud, as seen on other sci/med. It can be seen on the top shot above.

Note the early data back

Cheers, Bob."

412681.jpg

Hi Paul, Thanks very much for the additional info - I've learnt some new facts about my old system - wonderful. Your pics are much appreciated - the body in my pic has the deeper shutter release shroud - odd I'd not noticed it -and no base plate scientific markings. The other is marked and has a button rather than lever winder.
I live and learn... Thanks to all the contributors.

Graham

Back