DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Cliffside fall

Hi,

I wasn'r thinking about the file size (large as it is though) but about the size of the FOX and Franz Josef's glaciers :)

Still you are right - nopw one really needs huge disks. This is the downside of digital - also takes some work and needs backup otherwise there comes this infamous day when the hard disk crashes :sad:

Cheers
For a 16 bit color image, the CFV50 pops out something like a 250 MB Tiff. Terra bite drives no longer seem huge. Wasn't so many years ago I hadn't even heard of a TB.

Cheers. T

PC:

I understood what you had said about size! I currently have three plus terra bite sized drives sitting on the desktop at home for storage and multiple backup. However the time it takes to burn disks and the number required are starting to make that a not very viable backup except for select images. I think the whole thing started getting out of hand about the time I got the Canon 5DII.

Negatives were a pretty good long term storage...

T

Back