DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Leica M6TTL case

vishalvora

Hey Guys,

Any ideas on a case for the M6. I have a Billingham L2 but sometimes you wanna carry the camera. I think I may need an eveready case but not a Leica one as they are £130 or so!

Any thoughts on cases would be great,

Many thanks,

Vishal.

Hi, (first post)

Just bought a small "Antler" Leather case from Currys (yes Currys) at £20 a bargain it just fits M6 50mm f2.0, 28mm f1.9 CV and an old 90 elmar. Well made little bag, it is on their website. Would post a link but they use 'sessions' and won't work.

Just a thought

120??? I got one from Woodland Hills camera for $90US..official Leica everyready case. I can understand you not wanting to spend the money on the case, but I figure a multi thousand dollar camera probably deserves a $100 case.

jeff in texas

I use a CCS "Juno" holdall. A rather diminuitive case which nonetheless holds my M6 with either a 50 or 35mm lens fitted, plus a 90 elmarit, 28 Elmarit, lens hood, polariser filter with hood, 2 rolls of film and a little more.
This case is no bigger than a couple of house bricks stacked on each other (about 9"l x 8"h x4". This case is beautifully made and can be carried over the shoulder or on a belt. I don't think you'll find a smaller better padded case than this one to carry a small M outfit. It would also take a Contax G2 of course
Colin

Hello,

Its not that I don't want to spend money on a good case, I already have three Billingham bags, 225, Hadley and L2. I just want something to throw over my should when I am only using the camera with one lens. For my SLR I have a great CCS pouch which does the job well. Is there something like this for rangerfinders?

Vishal.

Messenger bags work great for this. OR, you can do what I did. I ordered a bag (custom made from www.timbuk2.com) for a few bucks..had my daughter sew some closed cell foam in a nice soft flannel and had my own, custom made camera bag.
jeff in texas

Jeff, sounds like a good idea. I would have sewn the closed cell foam in chamois leather though.
Years ago I had a leather holdall custom made and had it lined with chamois; just like the old German made leather bags. Beautifull!
Colin

Back