DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Photowalk - Street Portraiture

naruto

All photos taken during a photowalk in Bangalore, India.

500C + 80/2.8 C w/Ektar 100.

Carpet Sellers
4843777084_a3c8c32b98.jpg

Iron Man (he irons clothes for a living)
4845403330_3a23d5b8ec.jpg

Stranger
4847840517_6b23651ddd.jpg

The guard
4850999419_6fb4f22991.jpg

Saintly Vegetable Seller
4853167416_ec21602c4c.jpg

Back street boys
4846635270_fbf424ffce.jpg

Thanks Naruto!

I like the way you took these with the Planar wide open.
Another proof what a great lens the 80 mm is.

Vic.

wow great set!

Agreed. I generally love B&W portraits, but the color set really jump out at me. Keep up the great work.

I just got a Hassy 500CM and Kodak Portra 160VC. Haven't taken the first captures yet, but seeing these results make me even more excited about the purchase.

40 years ago when I began shooting I loved street photography. Not that I dont love it now,in fact, these shots make me long to do it again. In the USA these shots would be called evidence by every Lawyer for a country mile. I think its the case here that when a child is born he or she is given a name and a personal injury Lawyers card. Nice work.

I haven't really done much street photography with the Hassy yet, but quite a bit with the Canons. I did find that the Hassy, being a professional camera, and a little slow in working, allowed a bit more interaction with the subject which could be beneficial. In parts of Asia and the middle East people have been very glad to pose or be photographed! Always a variable quantity. In Tienjan China one weekend the grandparents were out with the young children and were quite pleased to introduce them to their first Foreign Devil! One of those (taken with a Canon) did very well in a juried show.

Keep up the good work, hard to get all the dust off of film for scanning! One of the pleasures of digital!

Cheers: T

Back